Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual Number Card Renewal

Senior Member SCNAX
    Chattanooga, TN (just west of Tail of the Dragon)

Annual Number Card Renewal

Note the change in how we do this.

NOTE! A change for San Diego Region Annual Card renewals. Renewals are now being accepted and need to be completed before December 31st.
    Last edited by RandyC; 01-12-2006 at 09:16 PM.

Junior Member SCNAX
    Hi Randy,
    I was thinking of attending some of the San Diego events this coming year, What do I fill out if I'm joining for the first time as opposed to renewing?

Steve

The Iconoclast
    go to any event and buy a card.

nalbar
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

So as of Jan. 1st of next year, non-renewed numbers should be up for grabs right? I wonder if I can find a 2 digit number for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nino
    So as of Jan. 1st of next year, non-renewed numbers should be up for grabs right? I wonder if I can find a 2 digit number for next year.
    Trying to save on magnentic numbers?
    2013 Audi A4

[B]Disclaimer:[/B] The preceeding is an uninformed opinion. Believe at your own risk.

The Iconoclast
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    no doubt nino. dont forget, lingo moved to japan, so his is right there. i bet 25 two digit numbers are available jan 1.

nalbar
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

em I gonna be able to renew the card at this next event?

Junior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by nalbar
    go to any event and buy a card.

nalbar
    does that include practices?

The Iconoclast
    lately, yes it includes practices. but i was mostly refering to champ events. any champ event, before noon you will get a card.

nalbar

Junior Member SCNAX
    Thanks.

I'll hopefully see you in January. If I know when the event is.

Steve

Snail mail and/or email

I've been out of touch/town for a few months, so when I was sorting through my stack of snail mail I didn't see anything about number renewal. I tried to sign on to sd solo forums and had trouble doing that since my former id and password didn't work.

I was able to scan the topics and see that there is a form available and it must be submitted by Dec 31st.

My concern is that had I not returned town and began looking for how to renew my number I could have lost it due to my ignorance of the current procedures.

Obviously, I'm fairly protective and possessive of my number 2 and feel that some sort of notification (email or snail mail) should be sent to each card holder.

Senior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by SoJim
    Obviously, I'm fairly protective and possessive of my number 2 and feel that some sort of notification (email or snail mail) should be sent to each card holder.
    It was mailed, posted on the old site that broke, posted on the new site we're on and put up on the LA board. Was an SDR offical suppost to make a house call?

Jay W
    505/287 Dakota

Miata. Who'd of thought?? SCNAX mcontour's Avatar
    As Jason said, we have hit every avenue we have to get a hold of all region members, including asking all the club reps to notify their membership again.

I guess that is someone doesn't use a computer AND has changed their snail-mail address in the past year AND is not a member of a club, they most likely will not get the word about the Solo-II card renewal deadline.

Jim, I see from your signature that you are member of the DCCSD club. You should have been notified of the deadline.

Just to be sure, the renewal form is on the Solo side of the "official" site...sdr-scca.com

Thanks.

Michael

My check is in the mail. Just for the record I use my computer everyday for business and have had the same email address for 10 years and have received flyers for events at my home address for 2 years.

I was one of the original subscribers to Randy's first forum under the name Racy Sr and didn't know that it had changed as I have been out of town/touch for several months.

It is my suggestion that if email addresses are available then important annoucements like events, number renewals, banquet notifications could be done by an email directing people to check the official site.

Jim,

I'll be on the lookout for your renewal. Thanks.

We did send out a snail-mail flyer to the entire membership. Since you didn't move, I'm not sure why you didn't get it. On a side note, I'm quite surprised by the number of flyers that came back to us for various postal reasons. Guess we need to have a place for folks to submit address changes.

Jim Hamm used to send out an email notice for renewal as well. Maybe we can look into that for the coming year.

Thanks again.

Michael

Junior Member DCCSD

clueless

Yep, that's me! I've had several people tell me its quite sad to me this way, I used to GO to events, KNOW when and where they were...sad really sad...

However, ALL my TVRs are on my property now and I may get one out soon.. I have voluteered to be safety for the Tour.

Anyhoo- Michael, have sent you an email asking about number info..
    Please answer when you can.

Bill Sanford

Official Cone Assassain SCNAX
    Hmmm, so I seemed to have forgotten to mail the envelope I have sitting on my desk as I went out of town for two weeks and left it here... if I promise to mail this tomorrow would I still be able to renew my number?

Official Cone Assassain SCNAX
    Oh and if I need to send along the extra $10 to make it to $20, please let me know, the current envelope is sealed and in the mail box already now... didn't think about it ahead of time!

I guess this is the point where I get to sound like a hard-a$$ jerk.....

The deadline for Solo-II number renewal was December 31st. I am waiting to check today's mail to see if there are any more letters postmarked on or before the 31st. After that, all numbers not renewed are available for purchase for full price. In addition, if you did renew your old number and want to change to another available number, I will honor that request. Please send requests by PM, not in the open forum. I already have a long list of number change requests that folks have submitted to me. Tonight I will do the bug number swap in the database if the requested number(s) have not been renewed.

If you missed the deadline for renewal and want your old number, you can re-buy it if it is still available. If it is taken by someone else, you will have to select a new number. I'm sorry about any inconvenience this may cause.

This sucks!
    I didnt see this until today. Was just thinking it was odd that I hadnt gotten the renewal in the mail yet. Figured id do it before the first event. I had just gotten my number with NASA so I could run both without the hassle of number changes.

WHY did they change the policy? I recall a time way back when, where things were simple. Ahh the days!
    So what is the proccess to getting a number now? Fill out a form, mail it out and hope the postal system can deliver and hope the number is still available?? Do we have a "previous champions" reservation clause?? LOL!!
    Last edited by Monster8V; 01-04-2006 at 03:21 PM.