Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Mission Valley stadium site now in San Diego State's hands.... Now What?

  1. #1
    Junior Member NickLulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23

    Exclamation Mission Valley stadium site now in San Diego State's hands.... Now What?

    So the sale is finalized as of today and the ground braking is set on Monday.

    Where are going to have the event here in San Diego (if ever COVID19 subsides)?!

  2. #2
    Member SCNAX booyaa56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by NickLulu View Post
    So the sale is finalized as of today and the ground braking is set on Monday.

    Where are going to have the event here in San Diego (if ever COVID19 subsides)?!
    I hope that Lake Elsinore opens up soon, it may be the only location we are able to do any events at all?

  3. #3
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    804
    Mostly covered here, just the eventuality anticipated.

    https://mailchi.mp/fe8e19f0d597/july2020

    We had been working this with the other car clubs still, and last week were told there could be events after the first football game. We gave them our safe reopening plans filed with the County that were well received and things looked cautiously optimistic. Then that vanished in the news on college football. Today, they informed the car clubs there are no plans currently to host any events of any nature. So, Elsinore is still there when we can, and we continue to chase other venues but it's very difficult, they had no plans for our events either. Our track day and road rally first events are nearing sold out if not already, take a look and get on the wait lists!

  4. #4
    Past Board Member Pervis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The 'Q'
    Posts
    129
    DIRECT QUOTE:


    Robbie,

    I received clarification and unfortunately can confirm that SDSU will not host any external events at this time. We are not cleared to host our own events and won?t host any external events until we?re able to do so.

    Lesley Fong

    Assistant A.D. of Operations-Special Events & Projects

  5. #5
    Junior Member NickLulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23
    At least there are a couple of things to look forward to next month.

    Car scene in SD started underground, then we had race legal and SCCA.

    I just don't want it to got back to the stone age and see dumb @$$es getting into accidents.

  6. #6
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    804
    Agreed, that's why we're trying to have a few ongoing programs as it was inevitable that we would lose the stadium. We were fortunate to mindlessly count on 15 weekends or more year after year just doing the same old things. It also allowed many members to reap the benefits of the relatively small groups that ran the events and program, and that's a LOT more than the day of.

    We're getting things off the ground and we have a future, even as many events a year, but maybe it has a more varied mix. We'll need people that have not volunteered and done the yoeman's work, or who haven't in a while, to get involved and have fun with people and cars. It's going to take more work in the short term to succeed long term.

  7. #7
    Junior Member NickLulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by cpasti View Post
    Agreed, that's why we're trying to have a few ongoing programs as it was inevitable that we would lose the stadium. We were fortunate to mindlessly count on 15 weekends or more year after year just doing the same old things. It also allowed many members to reap the benefits of the relatively small groups that ran the events and program, and that's a LOT more than the day of.

    We're getting things off the ground and we have a future, even as many events a year, but maybe it has a more varied mix. We'll need people that have not volunteered and done the yoeman's work, or who haven't in a while, to get involved and have fun with people and cars. It's going to take more work in the short term to succeed long term.
    Much appreciated everyone's effort!

  8. #8
    Member SCNAX booyaa56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    97

    Will this open up Elsinore for us?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickLulu View Post
    Much appreciated everyone's effort!
    https://www.facebook.com/10000181842...ylg9UH6cT5&d=n

  9. #9
    Junior Member NickLulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23
    Thank you for the link but I don't do facebook.

  10. #10
    Senior Member SCAT
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Long Beach CA
    Posts
    181
    @NickLulu... your not missing anything. The link doesn't work anyway.

  11. #11
    Junior Member NickLulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by CNaylor View Post
    @NickLulu... your not missing anything. The link doesn't work anyway.

    Thank you for letting me know.

    I'll just park here till I hear anything new.

  12. #12
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    804
    There is this, and it's FB lite fed as well, no commitment ��https://sdrscca.com/updates/

  13. #13
    Junior Member NickLulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by cpasti View Post
    There is this, and it's FB lite fed as well, no commitment ��https://sdrscca.com/updates/
    I usually check the page at least once a week.

    Much appreciated.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •