Thread: And with that, I am moving on. :)

Administrator SCNAX
    Chattanooga, TN (just west of Tail of the Dragon)

And with that, I am moving on. :)

Hey all... I have been actively running the websites and this forum since the 90s. Close to 25 years. The sites have run on one of my dedicated servers. As my friends know, I have physically relocated. Over 6 years ago I moved to Southeast Tennessee. I was waiting for a time I felt comfortable turning things over, and that time has arrived. So just in case you have a question, or need something done, I wanted to let you know that I have turned everything over to the people I trust who run things in the San Diego Region. They have moved the domains to a new (faster!) server. Sadly my server is like 15 years old.

This also means your cookies may need to be reset and you may need to re-enter your password on this forum.

So thanks all. I still work for some companies in San Diego or La Jolla so I might make it out to an event some day.
    "Definition of a "good day" autocrossing? If you can make it all day without someone yelling at you." - R. Noll
    This forum and server sponsored by some guy in Tennessee

Thanks for all you've done Randy!

Steve

Junior Member DCCSD
    All your work over the years is much appreciated Randy, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member SCAT
    Thanks for all you have done for the regions over so many years.

Many memories, but two in specific come to mind.

I will never forget your hospitality one evening when a board meeting was held at your house. I had to bring my daughter, (maybe 4 at the time, 27 now) with me that evening, and you set her up with a DVD to watch. She was absolutely amazed by your DVD collection (her dad was too)... you must have had a 500+ movies all on DVD. Far contrast to our "big" collection of maybe 50, still 100% invested in VHS land.

And the SD Tour rain deluge year... you crossing the ditch in your kart, and completely disapearing in the wave of water that went over you.

If you ever make it back out (SD or LA), and we still have a place to run, I've always got a seat available for you.

Cheers!

May you live long and prosper sir! ��

Thanks Randy, so who is running the forum now?

On another note (and I haven't asked in weeks) any of you insider dudes got info on an event?

I could almost settle for a "car show", JK!

Froggy
    "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" Kimi Raikkonen to his race engineer 2012 Abu Dhabi GP (Win)

been keeping an eye here too so see when is the next event.

I know it's posted June 13th, but I am not sure if that will pan out.

Saw that, about 2 weeks out, nah, doubt it. Reopening going so slooooow.

Froggy
    "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" Kimi Raikkonen to his race engineer 2012 Abu Dhabi GP (Win)

Senior Member SCNAX
    Eric Sakariasen is handling the website and IT generally. Most event updates are on the FB page at this point, as the vast majority use it and it's more robust. There have been many updates of everything going on, and it's a lot. That said, June 13-14 is cancelled after some substantial efforts with the stadium, public officials, drafting new COVID safety regs (on the website), revising operating plans, etc. We got very very close, and only came down to the COVID test site and safe parking encampment conflicts on the lots. Otherwise, we would have run.

We have July 18-19 reserved in Elsinore, provided the COVID test site shuts down at end of June. SDCCU has not set a scheduling meeting yet, but we're in touch with them. We're also talking to Elsinore about more dates as they figure out baseball or not, etc.

Thank you Randy for going way beyond the call of duty. You diligent help has been appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by itrbruce View Post
    Thank you Randy for going way beyond the call of duty.
    and the current group is doing a great job in this uh, crap crisis.

Good to know, FB arrgh, sooner or later I knew I'd be forced onto that time waster, will do, can I be a "Friend" with SCCA? Haha.

Froggy

Senior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy47 View Post
    Good to know, FB arrgh, sooner or later I knew I'd be forced onto that time waster, will do, can I be a "Friend" with SCCA? Haha.

Froggy
    We see you've found your way Can lurk there just like here!

What is this FB you guys are referring to?

LOL, j/k.

I work in IT and yet I don't use FB.

I'm on LinkedIn.

FB sucks.
    Been on it for years, but try to avoid it like the plague ... or covid