Thread: Anyone know of Holtville status?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member SCNAX

Anyone know of Holtville status?

Not Solo related! But maybe SCCA related, just exploring options.

So Holtville is a little before my time, but my understanding is it just got too rough for road wienies somewhere in the 90's. I looked at some overheads and random pictures, it looks like a lot of concrete is still in tact (again, not solo quality). So I'd like to get an idea of what is possible to do in the area (think Rally/Off road/general madness), who to contact for possible schedule and cost.

It didn't look like there was any security in affect. So I guess major questions are; would someone shoot me if I went exploring; who's the managing body for the land (county/city/private?); anyone know something that's an immediate show stopper (like protected environment).

It's a 3hr drive for me.

Thanks,

Jay W

Jay,

The last time someone contacted the county they got a message something like "Don't ever contact us again about racing out there again!" But get in touch with Marge or Phil Binks for the low down.

Steve
    "Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines."

Enzo Ferrari

Late Apex Photo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda35 View Post
    Jay,

The last time someone contacted the county they got a message something like "Don't ever contact us again about racing out there again!" But get in touch with Marge or Phil Binks for the low down.

Steve
    Linda Haneline told me basically the same thing last night. It doesn't sound promising.
    Larry

[URL="http://www.lateapexphoto.com"]Late Apex Photo[/URL]