Thread: DCCSD Practice 02/14/15 Practice List

Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar

DCCSD Practice 02/14/15 Practice List

Hi Everyone,

As DCCSD is doing online reg and on MSR, here is the most recent up to date practice list for the 2/14/15 Practice event:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...B#.VMfAGGjF98E
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

In for group 3. Thanks for doing online reg!
    Good people do the right thing when nobody is looking.
    #86 SM - 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm AT
    Whiteline|Innovate Motorsports|Winmax|CounterSpaceGarage|Raceseng|Cusco|http://www.rs-r.com/

"They've obviously never driven a stock NC Miata. Those things need skidplates for the door handles." - wepeel ft86club.com

I haven't done one of these in a long long time. If we're currently on the waiting list, when will be find out if we're in or not?

Thanks DCCSD!

The Iconoclast
    Quote Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
    I haven't done one of these in a long long time. If we're currently on the waiting list, when will be find out if we're in or not?

Thanks DCCSD!

Typically numbers up to about 5 on the wait list get in before the event because of people withdrawing. Then we get 'no shows' the day of the event, usually between 5-7, but sometimes more. Online registration seems to exaggerate these numbers because people enter before their schedule is secure, and then they don't show. So.....usually if you are under number 10 on the wait list you are assured a spot. But there is another factor...people on the wait list don't show because they don't think they will get in. So very high numbers can get in.

None of this matters if the host group throws away the wait list and only takes first comers on the day of the event, which some (ahem) have done.

Bottom line......show up EARLY and you can get a spot if you are low on the list (I consider #9 low) IF the host honors the list.

But you will NEVER get in if you stay home.

And nice to see you around again, Jason
    Warren
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Carlsbad Village, California, United States
    Hey guys, I want to come to this Saturday's practice but it's already full, is anyone interested splitting their entry with me (I can take the afternoon session). I will pay the $15 (2nd driver) fee and half your entry. I want to bring the Gallardo again this Sunday but w/o too much practice it won't be fun...

Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christos Adam View Post
    Hey guys, I want to come to this Saturday's practice but it's already full, is anyone interested splitting their entry with me (I can take the afternoon session). I will pay the $15 (2nd driver) fee and half your entry. I want to bring the Gallardo again this Sunday but w/o too much practice it won't be fun...
    Hi Christos,

I saw the Gallardo last time and am excited to see it again. I know there's a pretty big wait list, but if you wanted to, you could run 2 sets of runs on Sunday guaranteed (8 runs) for $60.00. Practices fill up pretty fast especially since DCCSD decided to do online registration (motorsportreg), so that could also be an option. I drive the black Bimmerworld 325i in STX and will be driving a blue WRX later on in the day. Hope to see you around!
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

I know a guy that will be bringing his 2010 458 Italia to future events.This weekend he will be at the THERMO Car club Track.So soon we could be seeing Corvette Z06s ,Porsche,Lambos and Ferraris in SSP. Being driven like they should.
    Last edited by soloracer7; 02-12-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Greetings,

I would like to add a second driver to car 137 in the second run group: Jonathan Adams
    He will be showing up early to register for weekend membership, as well as an extra $15.00 for a second driver.

Thanks,
    William

Hey William, I can't find Jonathan Adams in SDR to add him. Come find me in the morning and I can get you squared away.

Rico