Thread: FS: 17x8 Wheels and 245/40/17 Rivals

FS: 17x8 Wheels and 245/40/17 Rivals

After the reclass of my Speed3 from DS to GS, I've decided to simplify rather than continue throwing money towards making my car more competitive for STX. That said, for sale are the wheels I've used for the past 3.5 years, and a practically new set of Rivals.

About the wheels: Purchased new in Nov 2010, used only at autocross events, and in transit to/from them. All of the wheels are straight, with no curb rash. Two of the wheels have a small blemish on the face from the kids at the tire shops. They're dirty from brake dust in the photos, but will clean up nicely. The centering rings in the photos are not included, but can be negotiated for if you need them. Specs are below.

Drag DR-31 (Knockoff of the Work Emotion CR Kai)
    Bronze painted
    17"x8"
    Dual lug pattern for 5x114 and 5x100
    +47 offset
    73.0mm hub bore

About the tires: Purchased new in Sep 2014. These tires have 8 total autocross runs on them from a September AZ region event, and around 500 highway miles. There is a little bit of bluing on the outside shoulders of the tires that were run on the front, but the rubber is still fresh. All four tires have over 6/32" tread depth remaining, and the date codes are 0914.

BFG g-Force Rival
    245/40R17
    Date Code: 0914
    Tread Depth: 6/32"

Wheels are located in Yuma, AZ. Can coordinate delivery to SD area.
    Additional photos of the individual wheels are in the following album

SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Crarrs; 03-30-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Chris
    2010 Mazdaspeed3

Sure you don't want to join us in GS?
    #721 - Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    Sure you don't want to join us in GS?
    I think you might have misunderstood. The car was in STX trim with a lot of other associated mods. I've given up on that path (thanks to the rapid progress of the twins in that class...) and reverted it back to street class mods. The 8-inch wide wheels aren't legal for my car in GS-trim, as the stock wheel width is 7.5-inches.
    Chris
    2010 Mazdaspeed3

Quote Originally Posted by Crarrs View Post
    I think you might have misunderstood. The car was in STX trim with a lot of other associated mods. I've given up on that path (thanks to the rapid progress of the twins in that class...) and reverted it back to street class mods. The 8-inch wide wheels aren't legal for my car in GS-trim, as the stock wheel width is 7.5-inches.
    That makes more sense. Didn't realize the MS3 didn't have 8 inch wheels.
    #721 - Volvo S60R

Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar
    Twins are progressing extremely fast and it's definitely the car to have for the class. It's unreal how that car handles even stock. Running in an aged e36 bmw against those guys is very tough so I get why you are reverting back to stock. Good luck with the sale. They are nice looking wheels
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

Doing a quick bump on this today because I'm going to be headed to San Diego this weekend, and thus can deliver. If anybody would like to buy these as a mounted set, I need to know by lunch time on Thursday. If interested in either the wheels or the tires, I need to know by lunch on Wednesday so I can get them split up before leaving town.
    Chris
    2010 Mazdaspeed3

Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar
    Doing a quick bump on this today because I'm going to be headed to San Diego this weekend, and thus can deliver. If anybody would like to buy these as a mounted set, I need to know by lunch time on Thursday. If interested in either the wheels or the tires, I need to know by lunch on Wednesday so I can get them split up before leaving town.
    Just in time for our Autox event 1/25!

I have sent this to a friend of mine. It's a really good package deal. In case your car is still in STX trim even somewhat we'd love to have you run with us.

Current line up: RX8, Focus ST, Civic SI, Twins, and an E36.

Would love to have a MS3 in the mix

Hope to see you Sunday!
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

Well, thanks to BFG releasing the Rival S, it seems I need to revise the worth of my tires.

$360 + dismount for either the wheels or the tires

$700 for the package together.
    Chris
    2010 Mazdaspeed3

Sold
    Chris
    2010 Mazdaspeed3