Thread: Johnson Valley EnduroRallyX, May 17th

Senior Member SCNAX

Johnson Valley EnduroRallyX, May 17th

Ready to try the Enduro?

Still about 4 weeks out, we've already got 11 entries, you'll want to watch that entry limit of 20.

Due to this being an 'unsanctioned' event, we're calling this a club meeting rather than an organize competition. So, it's time to re-up the Enduro RallyX Club. Membership is $40, and we'll have a "meeting" at Johnson Valley to "test out" our EnduroRallyX concepts on May 17th.

Basic jist - One car at a time does continous lapping for approximately 25minutes. Highest number of laps wins! There's some boring tiebreaker stuff, but you can read that in the supp regs on the main CalClubRallyX page:
    http://www.CalClubRallyX.com

Membership application for the Enduro RallyX Club is availble at:
    Saturday May 17th - Johnson Valley Enduro RallyX Club
    http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=14436

Limit of only 20 drivers, so don't get left out due to procrastination.

Pre-registration is extra important due to the sensitive scheduling of this meeting. It's also important that we don't get no shows, so refunds can only be issued up to a week before the meeting.

There's already 11 signed up, and based on raised eyebrows at the Glen Helen event, I expect entries to fill up fast.

Free camping on site.

You'll only need to be there for a few hours to participate. A person's schedule will look something like this:

Scheduled Start Time: 10:30
    Scheduled Work Time: 11:30-12:30

So this driver should show at about 9:30, and probably leave by 1. Everyone but me will have a similar schedule.

I'll be plenty receptive to people wanting to hang out longer and help, but it certainly won't be required.

I'll probably ask for some volunteers for about 7:30 to 10am.

CalClub RallyX home page:
    http://www.CalClubRallyX.com

Jay W

Senior Member SCNAX
    Also, this happens to be the same weekend as the Lone Pine Time Trials are scheduled.

The Lone Pine Time Trials are an annual event up in Lone Pine (on the way to Bishop). They host a nice little event that is basically a low key high speed AutoX event. A nice complement to the EnduroRallyX. Proceeds from Lone Pine go to charity.

So I encurage everyone consider registering for Lone Pine on Sunday and makeing a nice duel event weekend out of it. I'll most likely be heading out there in the Rally Miata. If we get a handful of Rally guys out we can ask for our own "Rally" class just for giggles.

Here's the link to Lone Pine's Facebook page, including a registration link:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/419281384866176/

The picture they used makes it look a lot more like a Rally event

Jay W

Senior Member SCAT
    Quote Originally Posted by woodrufj View Post
    The Lone Pine Time Trials are an annual event up in Lone Pine (on the way to Bishop). They host a nice little event that is basically a low key high speed AutoX event.

Jay W
    Got my attention. is this a rally event also?...as in, would I need dirt tires? The lack of SOLO events in May has me searching other venues. -Tom

Senior Member SCNAX
    Sorry Tom, don't check this too often.

The Lone Pine event is all pavement, rough by some standards, but any road going car is fine (karts/open wheels are questionable). I'd call it a "Time Trial". Bret Noorgaurd (sp) is the event chair, I'm sure there's a thread on this forum somewhere (or there should be).

It's really good fun, very fast for us Solo guys and does some good for the Lone Pine community.

Jay W

...Bret Noorgaurd (sp)...
    try this link
    ... sorry Jason, I could not resist. It has been so long since I've seen this in action.

The Iconoclast DCCSD
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Senior Member SCAT
    It's really good fun, very fast for us Solo guys and does some good for the Lone Pine community.

Jay W
    This looks insanely fun! So $45 for Saturday only, and I'll have to be there around 630AM when tech opens?

Only 1 hour away, not bad

Senior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by ViosTom View Post
    Only 1 hour away, not bad
    I don't know where you live, but I'm guessing you geography is well off. Lone Pine is pretty far from Civilization.

Also, don't blame me if you're late, but typically nothing happens within an hour of "On Time" at Lone Pine.

Jay W

Senior Member SCNAX
    Ahh, leave me alone, I was trying to get out of the office.

Same as now!

Jay W
    Quote Originally Posted by itrbruce View Post
    try this link
    ... sorry Jason, I could not resist. It has been so long since I've seen this in action.

Surprisingly enough, I'll be in lone pine that weekend. Don't think I'll race, but I'll definitely come check it out.
    #721 - Volvo S60R

Senior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    Surprisingly enough, I'll be in lone pine that weekend. Don't think I'll race, but I'll definitely come check it out.
    What the heck else is there to do in lone pine? I see other people around, but I assume they're all waiting for a tow truck or something.

Senior Member SCNAX
    Last day to register. we've got 15 driver's signed up, a pretty busy day for the Enduro. Registration closes at Midnight tonight, and there is no "Late" registration available.

Make sure your friends who want to come are on the list.

Jay W