Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Porterfield RallyX Events #5 & #6 @ Glen Helen, Oct 12-13

  1. #1
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,640

    Porterfield RallyX Events #5 & #6 @ Glen Helen, Oct 12-13

    Porterfield RallyX Events #5 & #6 @ Glen Helen, Oct 12-13

    Attention RallyCross Drivers. The season has past its half way point and its time to “drive” to the finish (ooh, that was a bad pun).

    The October weekend is a DOUBLE event weekend. Each Saturday and Sunday will count as separate points events towards the season championship and cash purse. This is a great way to quickly catch up on the competition, or simply put some insurmountable distance on those behind.

    Full year calendar is up on the event website:
    http://www.CalClubRallyX.com

    Each day’s event is a separate registration, please remember to sign up for both if you’re coming both days.

    Pre-Registration, Saturday Oct 12th Points Event:
    http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=13502

    Pre-Reg, Sunday Oct 13th Points Event:
    http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=13503

    Don’t forget to follow updates and announcements on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/calclubrallyx

    2013 Porterfield RallyCross event #5 & #6 at Glen Helen are fast approaching, just under four weeks away right now. There's already 20+ driver's signed up for each day. These events have been selling out, be sure to keep an eye on that entry limit.

    Register early and often. Pre-registration helps greatly with event planning, plus it saves you money! You do not need to pre-pay to take advantage of the pre-reg discounts.

    Don’t forget to thank Porterfield Brakes for being our title sponsor this year. They’re support has lead to a $5 discount in entry fees.
    http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/


    Daily Championship Fees:
    Pre-Reg SCCA Members $45 (includes $5 Porterfield discount)
    Pre-Reg Non-Members $60 (includes $5 Porterfield discount)
    Reg Day-Of $70 (includes $5 Porterfield discount)

    Provisional Schedule as follows:

    Each Day:
    Tech and Reg open at 7am
    Walking 7am-8:30 and at Lunch
    First car off at 9:00

    Detailed schedule (classes) to be released Wed before the event

    If you have any questions or problems registering, feel free to e-mail or call.

    Jayson Woodruff
    woodrufj@jaycomservices.com
    714-328-7869

  2. #2
    The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    The one thing I have been missing is.... updates on twitter!
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.
    .

  3. #3
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,640
    One week of pre-reg left for the double RallyX weekend. I'm leaving town tomorrow, back on Tuesday, so forgive the delayed responses and updates.

    Warren, Ken tells me he might not make it.

    Jay W

  4. #4
    The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    He's just trying to trick me.


    .
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.
    .

  5. #5
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,640
    Detailed Schedule for Oct 12 & 13

    7am Reg/Tech Open, Course walking
    8:30am Driver's Meeting
    9am First Car Off

    -----------Heat----Running-----Working
    9am--------1---------S2--------SA/P2
    10:30am----2-------SA/P2--------S2
    12noon----Reg/Tech Open, Course walking, Morning Awards
    12:30pm----3-------PA/M2--------MA
    2:30pm-----4---------MA--------PA/M2
    4:30pm -Clean Up, Afternoon Awards

    Same schedule each day.

    Jay W

  6. #6
    The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    I cannot wait!






    Warren
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.
    .

  7. #7
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,640
    Results are up.

    Go to event page, link on 'results'!
    http://www.CalClubRallyX.com

    I'll get the season points and cash purse updated later in the week.

    Jay W

  8. #8
    The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    About time.


    Warren
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.
    .

  9. #9
    SD Club Racing Director SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    87
    woo hoo! i got 12th out of 13! too bad my bald hankook rs3's made my car not qualified for stock. It was pure mudroplaning! after looking at the stock awd class i would have won with bald autocross tires by 10 seconds, now i really wish i threw on some better tires with stock size rims! maybe i should come out there with some better tires next time. anyone have some skinny dirt wheels and tires for prepared class for sale? ....cheap hahahaha!

    all in all, that was a pretty fun course! my favorite parts were the ditch crossing next to the fence and basically all the course at the start/finish side of the ditch. I think it needed more deep river crossings and jumps for me to be 100% happy! I enjoyed it better than the last course, this was definitely fun!!! Thanks for putting it on!

    here is a video i made:
    Last edited by Subtle_driver; 10-14-2013 at 09:00 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Subtle_driver View Post
    too bad my bald hankook rs3's made my car not qualified for stock.
    Those tires are stock legal. I suspect there's other items that pushed you to prep (rims?, springs?).

    It's a lot harder to compare run groups in RX with the changing conditions, as oppose to how Warren and I ran in different classes, but at the same time so I definitively "kicked his ass". It was a lot wetter for SA, so don't get ahead of yourself, it's quite competitive.

    Hot setup would be stock rims (find them cheap on ebay/craigslist) and some snow tires. Blizzaks most reliable, winterforce most cheap.

    Jay W

  11. #11
    The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    I'm going to be the better man and just let that go.


    However, Justin, who the he!! do you think you are, Sam Peckinpah? Is just a simple one camera view so people can actually see the course instead of the same part over and over...AND OVER again to much to ask?



    /
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.
    .

  12. #12
    Senior Member DCCSD itrbruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clairemont
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by nalbar View Post
    I'm going to be the better man and just let that go.
    /
    Sounds like someone should have a big "L" up near the forehead

  13. #13
    Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    569
    Looked like a fun event! Maybe i'll pick up an e30 sometime to do this sort of stuff in a couple of years once things settle down..

    I don't think a car that runs ESP with a with stuff like a blowoff valve, springs, wider wheels, etc, would qualify for stock......but I'm no mechanic
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

  14. #14
    SD Club Racing Director SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by woodrufj View Post
    Those tires are stock legal. I suspect there's other items that pushed you to prep (rims?, springs?).

    It's a lot harder to compare run groups in RX with the changing conditions, as oppose to how Warren and I ran in different classes, but at the same time so I definitively "kicked his ass". It was a lot wetter for SA, so don't get ahead of yourself, it's quite competitive.

    Hot setup would be stock rims (find them cheap on ebay/craigslist) and some snow tires. Blizzaks most reliable, winterforce most cheap.



    Jay W
    Good point Jay, forgot about the mud being more muddy and moving locations at each run group. lol! Your totally right! I guess i would never know unless i was in that run group. well i am a loser and suck at driving. and what i meat to say was my rims are wider. am i allowed to run skinnier than stock rims for stock class if I was to be in stock with something? And stock allows blizzaks right?

    thanks!


    Warren, I don't know who sam peckinpah is? some one who makes annoying youtube videos like me? ;-p yeah i know my video is annoying, but i was lazy and uploaded it. plus it got on your nerves so i feel pretty good about myself now. bahahaha! anyways great seein you out there! were you in the first run group, how was it?

    Bruce, Yes, i need a hat that has a big L on it, i was really slow, but i was having so much fun! love mud and changing conditions on course! I actually don't enjoy the subaru as much because of the horrid turbo lag i get from the bov, and the small weak engine. I loved racing my datsun 240z off-road way more! you can kick up rooster tails and spin the tires and get more sideways! I'll be at autocross with the same exact tires, and setup drive to work in, and rally with sunday! you better watch out! hahah, jk! btw how much power does your miata make? is it the 1.6 or 1.8? I never seen under the hood. i know your a way better driver than me, more focused. if there is fun runs you're welcome to drive my subaru around (and maybe i can drive your car once? pretty please?) Im a mechanic so i'll fix it if i break it!

    special k.
    btw, i guess my lowering springs and blow off valve and really wide semi-slicks really helped me go so fast in the mud! I'll see if that works on my jeep to make it more capable off road. my lowering springs, bov and fake china wheels helped my subaru have faster lap times than your e36 since a shop installed your AST Suspension, PFC BBK, 17x9 DForce Wheels, AA Exhaust, AFE Intake. and I take it to rallycross and have a blast! woo! i also found if you daily with your autox tires it helps you get used to it and do well even if you dont walk the course. thanks for the refferral for my 240sx for sale btw. Much appriciated. Also gonna sell my bmw 740i in a week or so.
    Last edited by Subtle_driver; 10-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Subtle_driver View Post
    Good point Jay, forgot about the mud being more muddy and moving locations at each run group. lol! Your totally right! I guess i would never know unless i was in that run group. well i am a loser and suck at driving. and what i meat to say was my rims are wider. am i allowed to run skinnier than stock rims for stock class if I was to be in stock with something? And stock allows blizzaks right?

    thanks!


    Warren, I don't know who sam peckinpah is? some one who makes annoying youtube videos like me? ;-p yeah i know my video is annoying, but i was lazy and uploaded it. plus it got on your nerves so i feel pretty good about myself now. bahahaha! anyways great seein you out there! were you in the first run group, how was it?

    Bruce, Yes, i need a hat that has a big L on it, i was really slow, but i was having so much fun! love mud and changing conditions on course! I actually don't enjoy the subaru as much because of the horrid turbo lag i get from the bov, and the small weak engine. I loved racing my datsun 240z off-road way more! you can kick up rooster tails and spin the tires and get more sideways! I'll be at autocross with the same exact tires, and setup drive to work in, and rally with sunday! you better watch out! hahah, jk! btw how much power does your miata make? is it the 1.6 or 1.8? I never seen under the hood. i know your a way better driver than me, more focused. if there is fun runs you're welcome to drive my subaru around (and maybe i can drive your car once? pretty please?) Im a mechanic so i'll fix it if i break it!

    special k.
    btw, i guess my lowering springs and blow off valve and really wide semi-slicks really helped me go so fast in the mud! I'll see if that works on my jeep to make it more capable off road. my lowering springs, bov and fake china wheels helped my subaru have faster lap times than your e36 since a shop installed your AST Suspension, PFC BBK, 17x9 DForce Wheels, AA Exhaust, AFE Intake. and I take it to rallycross and have a blast! woo! i also found if you daily with your autox tires it helps you get used to it and do well even if you dont walk the course. thanks for the refferral for my 240sx for sale btw. Much appriciated. Also gonna sell my bmw 740i in a week or so.
    Hey even a broken watch is right twice a day lol

    All seriousness the last few events the rear bushings from the non rusted subframe had epic fail and have been replaced. Car feels so much taughter than before. I'm doing some tweaking Saturday and utilize the rest of my dead r's on Sunday. It should make for interesting times. And yes you installed the parts as you are a mechanic. I am not and was able to get a shop to sponsor this build....not sure what you mean? Happy to send a friend to your cats for sale. Despite out differences the cars you sell are legit and you won't screw them over. 740i?? E38? That's my favorite 7 despite it being a pile. Should bring it out!
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

  16. #16
    SD Club Racing Director SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by justaddnosplease View Post
    Hey even a broken watch is right twice a day lol

    All seriousness the last few events the rear bushings from the non rusted subframe had epic fail and have been replaced. Car feels so much taughter than before. I'm doing some tweaking Saturday and utilize the rest of my dead r's on Sunday. It should make for interesting times. And yes you installed the parts as you are a mechanic. I am not and was able to get a shop to sponsor this build....not sure what you mean? Happy to send a friend to your cats for sale. Despite out differences the cars you sell are legit and you won't screw them over. 740i?? E38? That's my favorite 7 despite it being a pile. Should bring it out!
    I bet your sponsor hooked you up? Glad to hear, If the r compounds are dead, your street tires should be used. I wasn't always a mechanic, and you weren't always a driver, (i remember you finding me on myspace because you saw me driving highland valley every day still don't know exactly how you found me.) don't use that as an excuse. I Was a computer repair guy before, then I decided to buy some tools and learned to fix my own car, wasn't an easy road. You will save money and learn more about your car. Yea, the referral was kicking tires, wanted a 5-speed. thanks anyways. Sold to someone else. I won't be autocrossing the e38 7-series, won't hold up. I'll be driving my q45 more often. Funny thing, they have the same specs, weight, power, top speed, acceleration, etc.

  17. #17
    Senior Member SCNAX justaddnosplease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    569
    ?? wasn't making making excuses...i just leave that kind of stuff to the professionals as it's better know where your shortcomings lie. I formed a relationship with a shop who's helping me out and supporting the build of my dreams...That's an excuse for not working on my car? Actually that's leaving pro's to do their job. Not any different than if you wanted a kick ass website and went to a web guy with good experience. Don't really know how the start our acquaintance has to do with anything? Nice run today...I couldn't get my head straight today and I couldn't nudge into the 60's. Oh well.
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

  18. #18
    Senior Member SCNAX
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Subtle_driver View Post
    am i allowed to run skinnier than stock rims for stock class if I was to be in stock with something? And stock allows blizzaks right?
    Only stock sized rims are legal with some offset leeway (little more offset allowed than solo stock). Any 'non rally' tire that fits (usually snows or if they fit LTs are best), tires can't 'interfear' (unclear interpretation).

    Jay W

  19. #19
    SD Club Racing Director SCNAX
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    87
    Tahnks for that info! Btw, what about different tire size on stock size rim? LT is reinforced sidewall truck tire right? so you reccomend those over winter tires?

  20. #20
    The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,979
    Why in the world do you care? It's not going to move you from last place. You could put a rocket up your exhaust and it won't move you one place up the results unless you stop driving with your emotions and start driving with your brain.


    .
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.
    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •