Thread: The Tour

The Iconoclast DCCSD

The Tour

OK, we have found an Event Chair for the Tour, and it's .........me.

I am not particularly happy about this, but it was either me, or no Tour.

So I have a message to those (you know who you are) who are always insisting that San Diego cannot lose the Tour.

You're expected to step up. I cannot do this alone, I need help. I would REALLY like a co-chair. That co-chair can really write their own ticket.

Warren, the Fool.
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Senior Member SCNAX
    How about two co-chairs to share the load? The Bollenbeckers. Dear god, what have we done.....

My vtec goes BwaaaaAAAH! SCNAX HY.'s Avatar
    Hahaha, nice Peter. Sounded like there'd be plenty of people willing to help, but nobody wants to be the face. And who better than the man with the biggest sh*t-eating grin in grid?
    -Hank #13

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    ― Edmund Burke

"Hank, YEEEE HAW!!! you're a tard head :P" - Diane Bollenbecker

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." -Obi Wan Kenobi aka Old Ben Kenobi aka Our Only Hope

The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Feels like I am putting together a band. But what kind? Some whacked out freak show like Kiss, a spectacle wrapped around pure talent, like Queen?

Or Nothern California Funk, like Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks?

nalbar
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Senior Member SCNAX
    Since this is the Tour, you are clearly putting together The Only Band That Matters, so it would have to be The Clash. Works on several levels in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by nalbar View Post
    Feels like I am putting together a band. But what kind? Some whacked out freak show like Kiss, a spectacle wrapped around pure talent, like Queen?

Or Nothern California Funk, like Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks?

nalbar

The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Quote Originally Posted by cpasti View Post
    The Clash. .
    Never heard of them.

nalbar

Warren,

Are you looking for a course designer? Mark Duerst approached me last event about my involvement with the tour. I didn't respond since I didn't know who was planning to chair the event. I maybe of some use however, my work/school schedule may conflict with time requirements by the SCCA and yourself (ie. Thursday Course Setup / Early Friday tweaks). I get off at 1PM that day and work Friday morning until 1PM again as well. Email me soon.

-Jon
    Power Honda Performance / RPMuffler
    #194 - ST Honda Civic Si

The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Before I came onboard Jeff K had already been named as designer. I hope to speak to Mark soon. I still need to try to find out what his plans were.

nalbar

Junior Member SCNAX
    Warren your my hero

Mark Huffman

Senior Member SCNAX kjchristopher's Avatar
    I'll help out. Last year, I think I was Youth Steward. I can do that again or some other spot.
    kj
    SCCA Area 11 Director
    ACME Special

The Iconoclast DCCSD
    Contract is signed by the RE and waiting for Mark's input before being shipped to headquarters. T&T is set, with Jayson Woodruff as Event Chair. That's a relief. Jeff IS course designer, with emphasis on missing the tear up. SCAT is once again doing Tech, with the hope that I can convince the SCCA to let them, unlike last year, open early on Friday.

So!

Warren