Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cashed check question

Junior Member SCNAX

cashed check question

To whom it concerns:

I was wondering how come my check was cashed but I didn't run at the practice? I was 9th on the waiting list and did no run. I just got noticed my check for cashed. Whom do I speak to about this?

Kevin Pao

Quote Originally Posted by kapao818
    To whom it concerns:

I was wondering how come my check was cashed but I didn't run at the practice? I was 9th on the waiting list and did no run. I just got noticed my check for cashed. Whom do I speak to about this?

Kevin Pao
    I see a pattern developing. I pinged the SCAT board.
    -Steve
    Formerly...
    #46 F125
    #46 T1 - 2009 Cal Club Class Champ / 2010 So Pac Divisional Champ

Pattern developer #2 checking in.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ASP 159
    Pattern developer #2 checking in.
    Um, more than that...

Member SCNAX
    So I'm wondering, who do I talk to to get my refund? I didn't get to run in the practice because it was full and I sent a MONEY ORDER instead of a check.

-Andrew

Miata. Who'd of thought?? SCNAX mcontour's Avatar
    I would start with the event chairman. The name and phone number are listed on the event flyer. Look at the schedule schedule of http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/

Good luck.

Michael

Don't bother Craig. He had nothong to do with the process. The SCAT board is aware of the error. They now know they likely deposited all the wait list checks and are looking into it. They will mail a check to all involved. I suggest giving it about 2 weeks.

The Iconoclast
    But not bothering Craig would take all the fun out of the situation.

Andrew and Kevin, if you both come to the event on the 19th I will point both Craig AND Biomota Guy out to you so you can accost them.

I will take pictures!

nalbar
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Member SCNAX
    Thanks Warren. I'll try to make it.

-Andrew

Red face SCAT Checks cashed

To all involved with not running and their checks were cashed...
    We are aware of the mistake and sincerely apologize for the inconvience. We are in the process of sorting out the names involved and will send those a full refund.
    The checks/money orders were not seperated at the final handling for deposit.
    We have a list of those affected and are sorting things out.

E-mail me offline if you were affected so I may verify your mailing information.
    kartdriver@cox.net

Scott Lewis
    SCAT President

Junior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by nalbar
    But not bothering Craig would take all the fun out of the situation.
    Andrew and Kevin, if you both come to the event on the 19th I will point both Craig AND Biomota Guy out to you so you can accost them. I will take pictures!
    nalbar
    I spoke to Craig at the recent SCNAX LA championship regarding the cashed check. He told me to speak to biomota guy about it. THanks for the offer for taking pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by kartdriver
    To all involved with not running and their checks were cashed...
    We are aware of the mistake and sincerely apologize for the inconvience. We are in the process of sorting out the names involved and will send those a full refund.
    The checks/money orders were not seperated at the final handling for deposit.
    We have a list of those affected and are sorting things out.

E-mail me offline if you were affected so I may verify your mailing information.
    kartdriver@cox.net

Scott Lewis
    SCAT President
    Email. Thanks.

The Iconoclast
    Quote Originally Posted by kapao818
    I spoke to Craig at the recent SCNAX LA championship regarding the cashed check. He told me to speak to biomota guy about it.
    LOL!

Andrew, it will all get settled in the end. This could happen to any club. Except YOUR club, of course!

BTW, I heard that there were PLENTY of cancels at this event, and those at #15 on the wait list got in!.

nalbar
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Junior Member SCNAX
    LOL!
    Andrew, it will all get settled in the end. This could happen to any club. Except YOUR club, of course!
    BTW, I heard that there were PLENTY of cancels at this event, and those at #15 on the wait list got in!.
    nalbar
    really? i thought i wouldn't get in so i didn't bother showing up! darn it should have gone...

Cashed Checks

Thank you to those who e-mailed me so far. And thank you for your patience.
    Again, those who have not, please e-mail me directly if you were affected so I may verify your name and postal mail address.
    kartdriver@cox.net

Scott Lewis
    SCAT President

Not exactly...#15 (Marco) got in because many people in front of him did not show up to see if they could get in. I think we had 3 cancel ahead of time and #15 was the 3rd person at the event to get in. Close to that anyway.

I emailed Scott Lewis a couple of times regarding my check refund but he hasnt answered me back. I wanna know whats going on with the refunds, and what should i do, thanks

Senior Member SCNAX
    Quote Originally Posted by DScamp
    and what should i do, thanks
    If its not resolved by next week have your club rep bring it up at the March 6th committee meeting.

Jay W
    505/287 Dakota

He emailed me in less than 3 hours
    Bob

Checks

Okay...We have some progress. The treasure just arrived home from a week long vacation 3 days ago and has the list of those involved. We are checking those names against the list to reconfirm.

If you sent me your address recently, you WILL receive a check very soon from SCAT. Thank you for being patient and not biting my head off yet...If I could have done so, I would have fired up the Miata and self delivered the money to everyone.

I too, just came back from a four day vacation. Before I left, I made sure all info was ready for our treasure and I will take full responsibility for our mistake. I am hoping to get the checks mailed Feb 25th to those who contacted me directly.

Scott Lewis
    SCAT President

Junior Member SCNAX
    thanks for all the hard work.